I have found it frustrating to get the “big picture” of the book of Romans despite many attempts at studying it. To help myself in this project, I decided to outline it by giving a basic topic to each chapter of the book.
Romans 1. Gentiles have no excuse for their sinfulness.
2. Jews have no excuse for their sinfulness
3. We’ve all sinned, but Jews have an advantage over Gentiles.
4. Faith is a greater advantage, however.
5. Jesus justifies all who have faith.
6. We all used to sin, but it’s not to be expected any more.
7. Just because it’s not to be expected, doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Reject the sinful nature.
8. Live in the Spirit.
9. God is testing the Jews by reaching Gentiles.
10. God can save Gentiles, and Jews need to be okay with that.
11. God still wants to save Jews.
12. Jews and Gentile Christ-followers are one. Serve God as one.
13. Serve outsiders and love each other.
14. Don’t enforce your own made-up rules on others that don’t need them.
15. Get along and meet others’ needs.
16. Greet each other and be hospitable.